Ten favorite quotes from 2015 books
10) "That girl was gone. And so were the illusions she had carried. Jo had come full circle and found herself back where she'd started, back where she wanted to be."
9) “Why is straight the default? Everyone should have to declare one way or another, and it shouldn't be this big awkward thing whether you're straight, gay, bi, or whatever. I'm just saying.”
8) “There’s sickness, and there’s sadness. But the thing is, there’s love, too. I try never to forget that.”
7) “Coincidences are like unicorns.you can believe in them all you want,but that doesn't make them real."
6) “Power is like the fish that swallows Geppetto. People become trapped by it. They're afraid that without it, they'll drown in the sea of mediocrity with the rest of us.”
5) "Everyone is smart in different ways. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life thinking that it’s stupid.”
4) “Sometimes,' she said, after a few more seconds of silence, 'sometimes you got to act. You can't wait. You got to do what needs doing, before the world makes the decision for you.”
3) “A good story makes a journey go by more quickly. A really good story makes you forget you are even on a journey.”
2) “I can lose and lose and lose and I don’t know why. But there’s nothing I can do but just keep flipping the cards. Eventually, I’ll win again. As long as you got cards to keep turning, you’re fine. Now, that’s life,”
1) “It had been awful, but I hadn't quit. I had persisted. In battle I had won.”
Let us know what your quotes are this week!
The Reading Nook Reviews
© It's Time To Fight, 2017. All rights reserved.