10. We go on walks, and rename all the cats that we meet. And then we call those cats only by those names.
However, we can never figure out their names - most of them don't wear collars - so we just name them whatever comes to mind. We then only call them by that name, which occasionally gets confusing for the cat.
9. I do not organize my books in ANY order. Seriously.
(I'm imagining all of you cringing right now.)
Two reasons for this: first, half of my books are in storage. For the last couple of years, none of the places we've lived have had enough room for my entire collection - which is currently around 3,000 books.
Second - and this just may be the guilt talking, hah! - I've always weirdly liked the feeling of rediscovering a book on my shelves. It's kind of a nice feeling. Of course, this occasionally leads to me buying the same book over, since I believe I don't already have it...
8. I'm more likely to read something Tom is reading, verses him reading what I'm reading.
7. I can't drink/eat citrus. Or eat chocolate. Or drink coffee. So basically, any food you might consider fun.
Thus, if you ever see me sighing about my inability to eat citrus, that's why. Man, I miss oranges. *Sad face*
6. We have a plushie army. (And there's even a back story!)
We now make the equivalent of a plushie army, and a standing pact to buy one whenever we go somewhere new. Hedgehogs are a popular favorite - we've found them everywhere from Texas to Edinburgh.
5. The Percy Jackson series have a special place in my heart. (And Tom's heart too. Though he's more amused by the second movie.)
The original Percy Jackson books helped me through a really weird time. (Nothing dramatic; more just those "Oh shoot, I'm an ADULT?" moments.)
I'm VERY grateful to Uncle Rick - yes, I call him uncle! - for creating a world that helped transport into this magical world, and realize that it's okay to falter, even when you ARE an adult. This is why no matter what, I will always be a fan of whatever he writes.
Incidentally, Rick Riordan is the one author that Tom will drive/go lengths for me to obtain, including trekking across half of London for me to get a copy of one of his books.
4. We are both Whovians.
3. We are ALSO both Trekkies. Next Generation = THE BEST.
Look, Star Trek: TNG has EVERYTHING. A diverse-ish crew, awesome actors and a captain who truly knows how to lead.
Yes, we're both fans. Tom actually dressed up as Riker this year for Halloween.
2. Books are our security blanket
I always need a book with me, regardless of where I go. And even though I already have ten books on my Kindle app, I'll travel with another three more.
(Now, the question of whether I have time to read them is a whole other issue...)