Published March 15th 2016 by Viking Books For Young Readers
Format read: ARC via publisher
Amazon | Indiebound | Book Depository | Goodreads | Barnes & Noble
Ten characters that would make a good companion for Katherine:
Well, today, author Janet Fox shares ten characters that would fit in with Katherine, and be a good companion for her!
10. Hermione (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling)
9. Scout (To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee)
8. Clementine (Completely Clementine by Sara Pennybacker)
7. Anne (Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery)
6. Charlotte (Charlotte's Web by E.B. White)
Charlotte is no ordinary spider, and Kat is no ordinary girl. Both are gifted, and both are true friends who must solve a difficult problem to save their friends. Sure, Charlotte lives in a barn and Kat lives in a castle. But both of those places are big and drafty and slightly (or more than slightly) magical.
5. Winn-Dixie (Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo)
4. Catherine (Catherine, Called Birdy by Karen Cushman)
3. Delphine (One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia)
2. Moose (Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko)
1. Despereaux (The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo)
What do you think? Let us know in the comments!
Video time! The Tenth Charm:
Check out the rest of the tour!:
My Brain on Books–Guest post and video!
Word Spelunking–Top 10 List & Video
The Book Wars–Guest post & Video
Great Imaginations–Interview & Video
As They Grow Up–Giveaway & Video
Middle Grade Mafioso–Interview & Video
Pop! Goes the Reader–Guest post & Video
MuggleNet–Interview & Video
YA Books Central–Giveaway & Video
The Reading Nook Review–Top 10 list & Video
Chapter By Chapter–Top 10 list & Video
The Hiding Spot–Giveaway & Video
About the author:
Janet Fox writes award-winning fiction and nonfiction for children of all ages. Her young adult debut novel, Faithful, was an Amelia Bloomer List pick, and was followed by a companion novel, Forgiven, a Junior Library Guild selection and WILLA Literary Award Finalist, and Sirens. Janet is a 2010 graduate of the MFA/Writing for Children and Young Adults program at Vermont College of Fine Arts, and a former high school English teacher. She lives in Bozeman, Montana, where she and her family enjoy the mountain vistas.