10. We're running out of room in our storage locker!
Solution: We're now thinking we may have to: 1) rent a larger storage locker, 2) move or 3) get a Bag of Holding.
(Maybe a combination of all three?)
9. We don't have time to read ALL THE THINGS!
But because of our jobs, we don't have time to read ALL THE THINGS.
Tom's solution is this episode from The Twilight Zone, minus the losing his glasses bit. Mine's a lot simpler:
8. People borrowing our books and not returning them!
BUT. One of my pet peeves = when people ask specifically to borrow my books, and don't return them. I generally try to make my peace with this fact, but sometimes, you just want to give them this face...
7. My book = more interesting than anything else.
Sometimes, people just don't believe us.
6. Wanting your books to match = purchasing multiple copies.
As of right now, I think I have... four Harry Potter sets?
5. Waiting for a book series to continue, and/or wishing that a book series hadn't ended.
(Yes, I remember going to the bookstore for everything from the third book on.)
While I was waiting, that's when I discovered the wonderful world of fanfiction. In fact, I read a Remus/Tonks series back in the day that was so awesome, I'm a little disappointed that the real books didn't play out the same way.
4. Trying to explain your book nerd love to non-book nerd lovers. (And being disappointed when they don't get it)
I'm always hoping that people will notice and get it, and always disappointed when they don't. Same goes for my Camp Half Blood T-shirt.
(This can also be filed under, "Man, I wish I had more reader friends around here."
3. Wishing we could buy more books!
We buy plenty already, but there are always more titles that we'd love to add to our collection. Unfortunately, space plus $$ makes this a factor.
2. Finding other forms of media less interesting than books.
It occasionally leads to conversations where we say, "Hey, have you read this?" Other people: "Nope."
Them: "Have you watched this?" Us: "Nope."