Today, we're thrilled to be the final stop on the Black Widow: Forever Red blog tour!
Thanks to Rockstar Book Tours, we have a Q&A with Margaret Stohl and a fabulous giveaway! Read on for her thoughts on how she decided to approach Black Widow, and why campaigns like #WheresNatasha are important!
A Q&A with:
Author of Black Widow: Forever Red
October 2015, Marvel
Margaret: Thank you for taking the time to sit down and talk to us about Black Widow! I’ve been a big fan since Beautiful Creatures, so this is an honor!
1) In previous interviews, you’ve talked about your background working in the video game industry. How did you apply your gaming background and your Beautiful Creatures background toward bringing Natasha’s story to life?
2) There was a pretty extensive social media campaign when Age of Ultron came out - the #WheresNatasha movement - garnered a lot of interest by people who are interested in seeing Black Widow have a higher profile in the Marvel universe. Why do you think that people are noticing and responding to the need for stronger female heroines? And did you consider that need when writing Black Widow?
3) Could you talk a little on how you decided to approach Natasha’s story? How did you decide which aspect of her life to focus on - after all, she’s always been quite private in previous incarnations.
4) Were there any aspects of Natasha’s previously established background that you immediately knew you had to include in your story?
5) And while each reader’s interpretation of a story is different, is there a specific idea or theme that you’d want readers to take away from Black Widow: Forever Red?
Author: Margaret Stohl
Release Date: October 13, 2015
Publisher: Marvel Press
Formats: Hardcover, eBook, Audiobook
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks
Enter the world of the Avengers' iconic master spy
Natasha Romanoff is one of the world's most lethal assassins. Trained from a young age in the arts of death and deception, Natasha was given the title of Black Widow by Ivan Somodorov, her brutal teacher at the Red Room, Moscow's infamous academy for operatives.
Ava Orlova is just trying to fit in as an average Brooklyn teenager, but her life has been anything but average. The daughter of a missing Russian quantum physicist, Ava was once subjected to a series of ruthless military experiments-until she was rescued by Black Widow and placed under S.H.I.E.L.D. protection. Ava has always longed to reconnect with her mysterious savior, but Black Widow isn't really the big sister type.
When children all over Eastern Europe begin to go missing, and rumors of smuggled Red Room tech light up the dark net, Natasha suspects her old teacher has returned-and that Ava Orlova might be the only one who can stop him. To defeat the madman who threatens their future, Natasha and Ava must unravel their pasts. Only then will they discover the truth about the dark-eyed boy with an hourglass tattoo who haunts Ava's dreams. . . .
Black Widow: Forever Red features all the heart-pounding adventure readers expect from Marvel, written by #1 New York Times best-selling author Margaret Stohl. Uncover a new side of the Marvel Universe that will thrill loyal fans and newcomers alike, as Stohl reveals the untold story of Black Widow for the very first time.
Check out the rest of the tour!
10/5/2015- Caught Read Handed- Review
10/6/2015- Mundie Moms- Interview
10/7/2015- Novel Novice- Review
10/8/2015- IceyBooks- Guest Post
10/9/2015- Word Spelunking- Review
10/12/2015- Fangirlish- Interview
10/13/2015- Wishful Endings- Review
10/14/2015- Nerdophiles- Guest Post
10/15/2015- Chapter by Chapter- Review
10/16/2015- The Reading Nook Reviews- Interview
About the author:
She is the USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Los Angeles Times, Indie-Bound, Wall Street Journal and Internationally Bestselling author of nine YA novels, and has been published in 37 languages and 48 countries. BEAUTIFUL CREATURES was adapted into a film (2013) by Warner Brothers and Alcon Entertainment, and was an ALA William C. Morris YA Debut Award finalist in 2010, as well as a SCIBA award finalist, a NYPL Book for the Teen Age, and a YALSA Teen Top Ten Pick. Beautiful Creatures was named the #1 Teen Pick from Amazon in 2009, and the #5 Editors Pick, Overall.
Prior to becoming an author, Margaret worked in the video game industry as a writer and lead designer for sixteen years, eventually co-founding 7 Studios game developer with her husband, Lewis Peterson. She is also the co-founder of YALLFEST (Charleston, SC) and YALLWEST (Santa Monica, CA), two of the biggest kid/teen book festivals in the country. An alumnus of Amherst College, Stanford University, and Yale University, Margaret lives in Santa Monica with her family, two rescue cats, and two bad beagles.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Instagram