Happy Top Ten Tuesday!
I don't talk much about audio-eque things on the blog, so I figured I'd join the prompt and share some today! But I'm not going to be focusing on a specific category, instead - you get ten separate audio things that are in my top ten. *grin*
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies over at the Broke and the Bookish!
10. Favorite daily audio podcast: Collider Movie Talk
While part of the fun of Collider is actually watching them debate while talking, you can just do audio-only, if you listen at work like I do. Tune in to get all of the breaking cinematic news, including trailer reactions, and specific shows like Jedi Council and spoiler movie reviews.
9. Favorite political podcast (which is on hiatus, but back soon!): The Bugle:
(No, seriously. If you haven't heard John Oliver call in on what sounded like a payphone to discuss the 2006 Hugo Chavez general assembly speech... you have not lived.)
I think we need them now more than ever, especially given what's going on in the world. Also, if you listen to back episodes and hear a reference to Chris the Produce starting the Trojan War, well... *points knowingly* I was the one who sent that in.
And finally: Andy Zaltzman is a lovely person. T and I went to go watch his standup in London, and he was delightfully game about taking pictures with random Americans who squealed upon meeting him. .
8. Favorite Saturday past time: Screen Junkies Movie Fights
They have a show every Saturday where they fight/argue news roundtable style about ongoing movie topics - e.g. who is the best villain in Marvel.
Tune in, check them out. Also, check out their honest trailers.
7. Favorite Audio Book(s):
Random House got together an amazing cast to do the audio book. Simon Pegg? Alan Alda? How can you go wrong? Mark Hamill as Todd Waino = a must-listen.
(Also, I just reminded myself: I actually need to go buy the audiobook.)
6. Favorite song to pep me up: Brand New by Ben Rector
He's forever doing things for his fans, and I'm loving his new take on this video. Because how awesome is it to get fans involved? Also, the video itself is just gorgeous.
5. Things I listen to at work (and chuckle over): How It Should Have Ended
4. Favorite movie reviewers that help me pick movies to watch: Jeremy Jahns
(No, seriously. It's adorable. The first time he saw the trailer for Force Awakens, he teared up and I teared up right along with him.)
3. On a related note, the movie trailer I always listen to, when I'm having a bad day: Cinderella
And yes, I supposed the gorgeous set/actors/costumes are nice too. ;)
2. The soundtrack(s) that will always make me happy: Pride and Prejudice & Like Crazy
I will admit that it's harder to listen to Like Crazy now, following Anton's death. But it's still a lovely reminder of the wistfulness and pain of true love.